How to add a Connection
With the Connections functionality, any Plant Assessor membership can easily connect with another. This allows the supply, or on-supply of machines to a site or Pre-Qual.
1. Log into Plant Assessor
2. Navigate to the Connections tab
3. Select the Add New Connection button from the top right of the screen
- Enter the name of the person you are connecting with
- Enter the Email address of the person you are connecting with
4. Select one of the three Connection Reason options.
Each option will send an email with information relevant to the relationship type, with information on the next steps that the connection must take. These options will not change the functionality of connections, so if your relationship changes you can still access all features as normal.
In the case that the email is not already linked to a Plant Assessor User, additional information on creating an account and logging in will also be included.
- I am a Prime Contractor inviting a Sub Contractor
- I am a Hire Company
- We share machines to get the job done
5. Optional: Enter any relevant information that your contact may need to know. This may be an introduction, details about machines and sites, or a simple greeting
6. Check the box at the bottom if email confirmation is required.
7. Press the Connect button to send your request.
8. Accepted or rejected requests will update immediately in Plant Assessor, and the Supply process can be started as required
Managing a Connection
A connection will have the status of -
Orange pending = connection pending
Red Cross = connection rejected
Green link = connection accepted
1. Click on the vertical blue dots, then CONNECTION DETAILS - view contact information, library documents and connection contacts
2. To add a new contact (ie. a person who works for the connected company) again, click on the vertical blue dots, then click ADD CONTACT. Select the contact you wish to connect with from the drop down list, then click CONNECT.
3. Click on each connection row to view all contacts (people)
4. Use the filter on the left of the page to sort by the connection status
5. Click on the Library icon and go to Tab 3: Connection Docs to view, approve or reject your connections documents.
Locate the document, click approve (thumbs up) or reject (thumbs down,) then click SAVE.
NOTE: You must add a comment to a rejected document. The connection will be notified of a rejected document via email.
6. To delete a contact select the connection(s), then click REMOVE CONTACTS